What do you do if you realize your AC is not functioning properly?
As a consumer, Facility Pro Tech is happy to provide you with several tips and tricks that can possibly help you avoid a service call if you only discover a minor issue with your AC system. However, most of the repairs listed are only temporary solutions and it is highly recommended that you follow up with a professional to ensure the proper operation and safety of your system.
Tips and Tricks for Your AC System:
- Display on My Thermostat Is Blank: Check to make sure the batteries in the thermostat are working.
- Display on My Thermostat Is Blank: Check the breakers for your AC system. There will be one for the indoor air handler/furnace unit and an additional one for the outdoor condensing unit. If one of them has been tripped, it can easily be reset by first moving it to the OFF position and then back to the ON position.
- My Air Conditioner Is Not Cooling: Check the lower section of the air handler/furnace to see if it is very cold and sweating. If so, turn the air conditioner off for at least 4-5 hours and replace the filter. The unit is frozen and will need to defrost.
- One Room of My Home Is Warmer Than the Rest: Check the air filter(s) for your air conditioner and replace if necessary.
If you are still having problems with your system:
- Read the Air Conditioning Frequently Asked Questions page for more help with common problems.
- Call Facility Pro Tech at 407-608-5370 24/7 to schedule a professional to come out and assess the problem.